Signed in as:
Signed in as:
It is my pleasure to announce the 18th World Class Taekwondo Open Championship to be held Saturday, June 4th at the Clark College O’Connell Sports Center. This year, as a way of connecting our competition even more closely with the spirit behind Tae Kwon Do, we will be utilizing a competition theme. This year’s theme is “Overcome and Move Forward”
I think it is a great representation of the attitude behind this friendly and beneficial event, as well as a reminder of the challenges of daily Tae Kwon Do training. The purpose of competition is not to simply determine a victor, but to encourage all competitors to bring out their best effort and grow as a result. Similarly, our Tae Kwon Do training is not only designed to achieve a specific rank, but to continually strive to improve in body, mind, and spirit.
As always, my staff and I are pursuing detailed preparations to ensure a safe and fair competition for everyone. Our thanks in advance to the masters, instructors, affiliates and volunteers that help make this event possible. We look forward to having everyone as our guest on June 4th!!
Chief Master Sang Yun
Saturday, June 4th, 2022
Clark College - O’Connell Sports Center , Vancouver WA
Students must be white belt and above to compete in forms and team forms. They must be yellow belt and above to compete in sparring. Competitors of any age are welcome, INCLUDING TINY TIGERS!
Registration forms are available at WCMA (included in this packet). The registration deadline is May 28th(Sat.) 2022, but early registration is strongly encouraged
Most divisions will have 4 competitors. There will be a 1st place (Gold), 2nd place (Silver), and 3rd place (Bronze) medals awarded. For form and sparring competition, the winners of the first two matches will compete for 1st and 2nd place. The remaining two competitors of the first matches will both receive third place awards. Awards will be presented as divisions are completed throughout the day.
Anyone interested in sponsorship, making contributions or volunteering as a referee, judge, or an official, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-883-3399
One coach pass will be issued to each participating school; one for every 15 pre-registered competitors. Each additional coach pass will have a $50 fee. Competitor
ID cards will be available for pick up after 8:30 am at the tournament site on Saturday morning. Participants must pick up their badges at least 30min before their event start.
The tournament place has seating for all spectators. Admission: Free for children 6 & under, $7 for children ages 7-12, and $15 for ages 13 & above
1. Most divisions will have 4 competitors. The tournament committee will divide the
Form divisions by BELT and AGE.
2. This is an open championship. If your school practices a different style of forms they
will be accepted.
3. Form divisions in single elimination bracket format. Forms competitors may perform
the same or different Forms. Competitors will be judged on
1. Divisions will have all Black Belt -Judged by Masters and judged on power, speed,
control, flexibility, stance, focus, rhythm, Kihap
2. No particular Form required
3. Past years winner will not be able to compete but be able to Judge
4. 1st place will receive a Grand Champion Trophy
1. Each division level must complete a specific board breaking technique with both the
right and left foot.
- Tiny Tigers (Little Tigers) - Push kick
- Beginner : Step behind side kick
- Intermediate : Back kick(Step forward) - Advanced : Front hook or X-kick
- Black Belt : Spinning hook kick
2. With 2 kicks, students will try to break the most boards possible, with a max total of 10 boards (board will be stacked), and only 2 chances.
3. Point: +2pt. for each cleanly broken board on the 1st try, +1 pt. for each cleanly broken board on the 2nd try.
4. Tiny Tigers 1/4” Board Jr. & Adult 2/4” Board for $3 each
5. Competitor allowed come with board holder
6. Board must be purchased at the event!
1. Teams have 120 seconds (2 minutes) to set up.
2. Teams have a 6 minute time limit, not including time for set-up.
3. Only martial arts weapons are allowed.
4. Team members must be 3rd Degree Black Belt and lower.
5. The following will complete each team’s score:
1) Unity of Team Performance(2.5 points)
2) Taekwondo Spirit(2.5 points) - Kihap, Attitude – confidence, assertiveness, Etiquette – proper respect
3) Presentation & Execution of Techniques(2.5 points)
4) Creativity(2.5 points)
- Team exceeds the 120-second time limit for setup ( 0.5point deduction each 30 second)
- Team exceeds the 6min 30 sec time limit (1.0 point deduction for each 30second )
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (1.0 point deduction )
1. Student will run, jump, zig zag, and crawl through a course to ultimately break a board! (We provide board obstacle course)
All Tiny tigers will earn a Beautiful World Class Open Championship T-shirt and Gold, Silver, & Bronze medals will be awarded.
We will use electronic sparring gear for fairness, The electronic gear is equipped with a system that automatically informs of a game that students can play fairly.
1. All players are given 3 rounds, 1 minute of sparring time and 30 seconds of break time.
2. Tournament committee will provide electronic chest gear but students still have to bring their own full sparring gear.
3. Each round is decided on a winning basis, and students will win if win 2 rounds.
4. Receiving 4 warnings will result in a loss for that round.
We will use 20/20 Armor automatic electronic gear for Sparring! We want to make this a fair and fun tournament!
June 3rd to June 5th
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate
$119 + applicable taxes USD per night
*** Reservation can be made by either calling the hotel at 360-253-0500 or click below
7205 NE 41st, Vancouver, WA, 98662
Last Day to Book: Friday, May 20th, 2022
Do you have questions or comments about the event? Do you need special accommodations? Send me a message, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
16415 SE 15th Street, Suite102 Vancouver, Washington 98683, United States
Copyright © 2022 World Class Martial Arts - All Rights Reserved.